Dr. Erin Leddon is the Director of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) for the Department of Linguistics and she is available to talk with students who are majoring or minoring in linguistics, as well as those just thinking about it. Students can meet with Dr. Leddon to discuss anything related to the study of Linguistics or the Linguistics major and minor, including the following topics:
- requirements for the linguistics major and/or minor
- course selections
- career choices
- planning your undergraduate career in linguistics
- research in the department
- graduate school options
Click here to make an appointment with the Dr. Leddon. Or feel free to stop by the main office of the Linguistics Department at 2016 Sheridan Road.
The Director of Undergraduate Studies can review and sign your graduation petition, which you should complete one year prior to your expected graduation.
Study abroad applications
If you plan to study abroad and need a department signature on your Study Abroad application, you should set up a meeting with the Director of Undergraduate Studies. For more information contact the Global Learning Office.
Requirement Substitutions: The Director of Undergraduate Studies is the only faculty member who can:
- approve the counting of courses taken abroad toward department requirements
- approve the counting of credits from other US and Canadian schools
- approve other non-standard ways of completing our requirements